Learning to ask for help, leaning on virtual networking, and tips for thriving as an introvert at work with Isabel Ruiz
In this episode, we talk to Isabel Ruiz, who manages an internal community for a Product and Content team at the cloud-based software company Mews.
Isabel has over 9 years of experience working with industry leaders like Tableau, Intercom, and Pluralsight as a Senior Customer Success Manager; she's a former podcast host of CSM Toolbox as well as a 2021 Top 100 CS Strategist by Success Hacker.
Currently, she mentors with Femme Palette, she's a guild member of The Community Club, and co-chairs the Women ERG at Mews.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Isabel’s journey to her current role as a community manager
- The day-to-day happenings of a community manager and what she has learned in this role
- The advantage (and barriers) Isabel has experienced growing up in Mexico but choosing to build a career in Ireland
- Top tools that have helped her thrive throughout her career
- Strategies Isabel has used to move jobs and change roles that are not in direct alignment with her college degree
- Leveraging a leadership role in an ERG to advance your career
Connect with Isabel:
Connect with Lola:
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/428192995622965
Apply to be on the podcast: shorturl.at/dnyEO
More about Thriving in Intersectionality Podcast:
Welcome to the “Thriving in Intersectionality” podcast. A podcast created to help you learn from professionals in the workplace who have multiple intersectional identities; from ethnic minorities, veterans transitioning into the workforce, individuals with disabilities, parents, and so many more.
Hosted by Lola Adeyemo, who is the CEO of EQI Mindset and the founder of the nonprofit Immigrants in Corporate Inc, her mission is to work with organizations to build more inclusive workplaces.
This podcast was built to amplify the voices of leaders and immigrants in the corporate workplace and to give insights and guidance so people can move past their “barriers” and advance in their professional careers.
Through interviews and solo episodes, Lola will examine this global world of work. We hope that you can learn a thing or two from our guests, who have a range of experiences and stories to share. Join Lola as we meet new people who are successfully navigating the corporate space.
For more information and additional resources, please visit www.immigrantsincorporate.org and www.eqimindset.com